What should I do if I move house?
Let us know as soon as possible, so we can update your records.
- Phone 1300 695 427
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the library in person as soon as possible
You will need to show proof of your new address the next time you visit the library in person.
What should I do if I lose my card?
Report the loss at once by phone or in person. You are responsible for materials taken out with your card until the card is reported lost or stolen.
How does the library contact me about reservations and overdues?
Email – if an email address is supplied, all notifications will be sent to your email. We will send you an email alert two days before your item is due.
SMS – if an email address is not supplied, but you have a mobile phone number, an SMS will be sent to your mobile phone.
Phone – if an email address is not supplied, and you have not given us a mobile phone number, a telemessaging service will deliver a message to your home phone advising that there is something overdue or waiting for pickup. The service will not specify the item.
Mail – in cases where neither an email address nor mobile or home phone number is given, a notice will be sent in the mail. A mail message will also be sent if the phone message has not been delivered successfully.
How many items can I borrow?
Members can borrow up to 40 items at any one time.
How long can I keep library materials?
CDs, DVDs, Books, magazines, CD ROMs and talking books can be borrowed for three weeks.
Red Hot Reads can only be borrowed for seven days. Renewals on these items is not permitted.
The due date is the last day on which you can return or renew your loans without incurring fines.
Where can I return library materials?
All materials can be returned to any branch of the Yarra Libraries. There are after-hour chutes at all branches.
If my items are overdue, how much are the fines?
- Items which are not returned or renewed by the due date will incur fines
- The charge for overdue items is 20 cents a day
- You can avoid fines by returning or renewing your items before the due date.
Please note that fines may have already accrued for the period in which they were overdue.
- You are not able to borrow if you owe fines of more than $15
How do I renew/make a renewal?
You can renew/make a renewal:
- in person at any of our libraries by taking the items to the library desk
- by telephone on 1300 695 427
- by logging in to your account using your User ID and PIN
How many times can I renew an item?
Items may be renewed three times each, unless they have been reserved by another member.
Red Hot Reads cannot be renewed.
How do I reserve library materials?
You can reserve items:
- Through the online catalogue,
- At the library desk
How do I find a book?
You can find all items by searching the catalogue. You can find out which library has the item, and whether it is on the shelf or on loan.
You can also use the catalogue to
- order items to be sent to your local library for pick up
- review the status of items you have reserved
- renew your books
- see what you have borrowed from the library and when it is due
Can I borrow materials from other library services (Interlibrary Loans)?
- Your Yarra Libraries library card is also a Swift One Card. It can be used to borrow items, request holds for pickup and pay outstanding bills at any public library branch that is part of the Swift Library Consortium network in Victoria. Find out more about the Swift Consortium
- Staff at the library desk can help you locate books which are not held by Yarra Libraries or other Swift Consortium libraries. More information about interlibrary loans.
What if the library does not have a title I am looking for?
We welcome suggestions for items that are not already in the collection. You can make your recommendation online or at the library desk.