An Organisational Membership allows you to create a membership card for your institution, which allows your staff to borrow in bulk and to access our online resources.
To apply for an Organisational Membership fill out an application form and bring it in to your nearest Yarra Libraries branch.
Please make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions:
• In general, organisations within the City of Yarra are eligible for Organisational Membership. Educational organisations such as schools, kinders, childcare centres which are located outside the City of Yarra may apply for Organisational Membership if one of the Yarra Libraries is closer to them than a library within their municipality.
• Membership forms must be signed by the manager or principal of the organisation. The manager or principal accepts responsibility on behalf of the organisation for the material borrowed on one or more cards held by the organisation or school. Paperwork is kept with the Principal’s or Manager’s Office. The library keeps a copy at the relevant branch.
• Membership cards are issued on an annual (calendar year) basis. All material must be returned by the end of December in any given year before membership can be renewed.
• Schools may hold multiple memberships (one for each class) but there must be a contact person for each membership held. Only persons listed in the notes field will be able to use the card(s). Names are updated on a calendar year basis.
• Membership cards may be left at the library, in which case acceptable id would be required in order to borrow on the relevant card.
• The Library reserves the right to suspend borrowing rights or membership at any time during the year in the event that material is not returned on time.
• The maximum number of items on each card is 50 items.
• The loan period for organisational memberships is 6 weeks.
• Lost charges will apply. Fines do not apply.
• Only 1 renewal is permitted.