Unfortunately due to The Victorian State Government’s courier service contract, which is used by more than 500 other organisations including the Libraries Victoria network, ending we are temporarily suspending the ordering of ILLs. For more information, please visit: https://library.yarracity.vic.gov.au/news/2022/10/16/disruption-to-libraries-victoria-service
For further information regarding your outstanding requests please email: [email protected].
If items are not available at Yarra Libraries or Libraries Victoria, we are often able to borrow them from other libraries on your behalf through Inter Library Loans. Our Inter Library Loan service uses the national Libraries Australia Document Delivery system To request an item for Inter Library Loan, visit our catalogue and click on 'Send a Request' at the top of the page. You will be prompted to log into your Library account. Then select "ILL-request" and complete the form. For more information, please speak with staff in branch or call us on 1300 695 427.
Before you request an item, please read our guidelines below:
• if items are not available at Yarra Libraries or Libraries Victoria, we are often able to borrow them from other libraries on your behalf through Inter Library Loans (ILL)
• you may have four Inter Library Loans in process at any one time, this total includes requests and items on loan
• there is no charge for Inter Library Loans obtained from public libraries in Victoria, and some interstate public libraries. Any charges from an interstate public library will be discussed with customers before a request is placed
• there may be a fee for items borrowed from Australian academic or special libraries; check our fees and charges.
• we do not offer Inter Library Loans from overseas libraries
• temporary and online memberships do not have access to Inter Library Loans
• requested items can only be collected from a Yarra Libraries branch and are not transferable within the Libraries Victoria network
• please note that Yarra Libraries has no control over what other lending libraries may or may not lend, response times from lending libraries, their loan conditions or the length of loan periods