Join City of Yarra's Heritage Advisory Committee
Thursday 29 March 2018
Do you live in Yarra and have an interest in heritage matters? Expressions of interest are now open to join our Heritage Advisory Committee.
The role of the Heritage Advisory Committee is to:
- provide advice to the council on strategic heritage matters
- support promotion of local heritage
- raise awareness about heritage issues
- present the views of residents, groups and professionals with an interest in heritage matters to the council, and
- contribute to the preparation of a revised Heritage Strategy to be prepared in 2018/2019.
Please see the Terms of Reference for details.
We are seeking expressions of interest from Yarra residents with:
- demonstrated interest in and knowledge of local heritage matters
- a high capacity for strategic thinking
- a strong understanding of the Yarra context and community
- skills in, and a strong track record of, working collaboratively in groups, and
- availability to attend the meetings every two months.
Meetings are held every two months, outside of business hours, at Richmond or Collingwood town halls. Meetings run for two hours and specific additional meetings may be held as required.
The committee consists of up to 12 community members, with tenure of four years. Young people are encouraged to apply, with two places in the committee reserved for applicants under 30 years old. Existing committee members can also apply.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 6 April, 2018.
For more information contact Ivan Gilbert, Group Manager – Chief Executive's Office, on 9205 5110.
Find out more about the Heritage Advisory Committee.