The Ewing Trust Writers Prize 2020
Tuesday 21 January 2020
Are you an aspiring writer? The Ewing Trust Writers' Prize is a new prize for short-form fiction and non-fiction writing.
The prize will be open to all unpublished writers with a connection to Fitzroy through living, working, learning or writing. Submissions can be in English or Chinese. The Prize is $500 for the winning piece in each language.
- 2000 words or less.
- 12 point double spaced lettering.
- PDF only. A Google account is required to upload.
- Please DO NOT put your name on the actual piece – just add your name to this submission form.
- This will allow our judges to assess the piece solely on its merits.
- Submissions can be fiction or nonfiction.
Terms and Conditions
- Submissions are via this form only and close on Tuesday 31 March at 11:59pm.
- A Google account is required.
- Prize winners will be notified on Friday 1 May via a phone call and/or email. Only winners will be notified.
- The winning pieces will be announced and read at the Fitzroy Writers' Festival on Saturday 16 May (time TBC).
- The winning writers will be invited to read their piece at the Festival, but are not obliged to.
- The prize is not open to Yarra City Council employees.
- Applicants must have a demonstrable connection to the suburb of Fitzroy, upon request.
- An ‘unpublished writer’ is an author who has not previously been published by a recognised publisher; self-published authors may apply, if the work is deemed to have sold less than 500 copies. Authors whose works have appeared in journals are eligible to enter.
- Entrants may only submit one piece of work per entry category in this competition which has not been published previously, excepted as specified above.
- The judges’ decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
- Copyright remains with the author. Yarra City Council is permitted to display entries and publish all, or part of, an entry including the entrants name on its website and social media. Entrants agree to participate and cooperate as required in promotional activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed.
- Yarra City Council reserves the right to reproduce the whole or any part of an entry for purposes of promoting the Ewing Trust Writers Prize. By submitting an entry, you grant Yarra Council permission to display or publish the entry including the entrant’s name, on the Promoters website, promote the Ewing Trust Writers Prize in any way determined by Yarra Council and to use any promotional footage and photographs in all media worldwide without fee.
For more information or advice on alternate submission methods, please contact email@example.com