The Ewing Trust Writers' Prize 2020 Seniors Edition
Tuesday 14 July 2020
The Ewing Trust and Yarra Libraries is proud to announce the Ewing Trust Writers' Prize – Seniors edition!
The prize will be open to unpublished writers 60 years of age and over, with a connection to Fitzroy through living, working, learning or writing. It is a prize for short-form fiction and non-fiction writing. Submissions can be in English or Chinese. The Prize is $500 for the winning piece in each language.
- 2000 words or less.
- 12 point double spaced lettering.
- PDF only. A Google account is required to upload, or alternately email your submission directly to email@example.com
- Please DO NOT put your name on the actual piece – just add your name to this submission form. This will allow our judges to assess the piece solely on its merits.
- Submissions can be fiction or nonfiction.
Terms and Conditions
- This prize is open to applicants aged 60 or over only.
- Submit entries via this Google form (A Google account is required), or via direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions close on Friday 4 September at 11:59pm.
- Prize winners will be notified on Friday 17 September via a phone call and/or email. Only winners will be notified.
- The winning writers will be invited to record a podcast reading their submission, but are not obliged to.
- The prize is not open to Yarra City Council employees.
- Applicants must have a demonstrable connection to the suburb of Fitzroy, upon request.
- An ‘unpublished writer’ is an author who has not previously been published by a recognised publisher; self-published authors may apply, if the work is deemed to have sold less than 500 copies. Authors whose works have appeared in journals are eligible to enter.
- Entrants may only submit one piece of work per entry category in this competition which has not been published previously, excepted as specified above.
- The judges’ decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
- Copyright remains with the author. Yarra City Council is permitted to display entries and publish all, or part of, an entry including the entrants name on its website and social media. Entrants agree to participate and cooperate as required in promotional activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed.
- Yarra City Council reserves the right to reproduce the whole or any part of an entry for purposes of promoting the Ewing Trust Writers Prize. By submitting an entry, you grant Yarra Council permission to display or publish the entry including the entrant’s name, on the Promoters website, promote the Ewing Trust Writers Prize in any way determined by Yarra Council and to use any promotional footage and photographs in all media worldwide without fee.
For more information or advice on alternate submission methods, please contact email@example.com