Yarra moves to Third Step Towards COVID Normal
Tuesday 27 October 2020
Yarra, along with the rest of metropolitan Melbourne, moved to the Third Step Towards COVID Normal from11.59pm Tuesday 27 October 2020.
The rundown on restrictions
There are some big changes that came into effect from 11.59pm on Tuesday.
Changes to how we live
- Melbourne has moved from 'stay home' to 'stay safe', with no limits on the reasons to leave home.
- You must continue to wear a mask and stay within 25km of home when out and about.
- A maximum of two adults from the same household and their dependants can visit your home once a day. This means if someone visits your house during the day, you can’t visit someone else’s house that day. The dependants can’t be unsupervised.
- Outdoor gatherings can have up to 10 people from any number of households.
- Libraries and community venues can open for outdoor events.
- Outdoor pools have increased capacity to 50 people (subject to density) – including Fitzroy Pool.
- Outdoor religious ceremonies can have up to 20 people, in addition to those required for the service. Indoor services can be held with up to 10 people.
- Weddings have increased to ten people, and funerals up to 20 mourners.
Changes to how we work
- If you can work from home, you must work from home.
- Cafes, restaurants and pubs have reopened with capacity and density limits. If you have a business and need to get ready for reopening, your staff can attend work straight away.
- All remaining retail is open.
- Beauty and personal care services have resumed.
- Outdoor entertainment venues can begin hosting visitors.
For more details on these changes visit DHHS – Victoria's restriction levels.
What’s changing at Yarra?
Customer service centres
- Our customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall and Richmond Town Hall will open from 8.30am Wednesday 4 November 2020.
- Remaining centres will open in the near future.
- Please use our online services where possible.
- Remember to wear a mask, keep your distance and wash your hands if you’re visiting us. If you’re feeling unwell or have any COVID symptoms, please stay home and get tested.
- Yarra Libraries branches will open on Monday 9 November 2020, with capacity and density limits.
- Collingwood Library will remain closed due to ongoing building works.
- More information will be available in the coming days.
- We are currently working through the detail for the return of our programs and services. Visit Road to Reopen for up-to-date information.
Maternal and child health services
- From Wednesday 28 October 2020, face-to-face maternal and child health services will resume for infants under six months of age.
- All appointments will be at your local MCH centre.
- Regular face-to-face services for all remaining families will resume from Monday 9 November 2020.
- More information on further changes will be available shortly.
Gleadell Street Market
- The Gleadell Street Market continues to operate every Saturday with capacity and density limits.
- Please wear a mask, keep your distance and practice good hygiene when visiting the market.
- From Wednesday 28 October 2020, we'll start enforcing overstays in green parking zones and not having a valid parking ticket (where applicable).
- This is to ensure fair access to car parking in Yarra as restrictions ease and retail and hospitality businesses reopen.
There may be changes to more services. We will update our website as we know more.
We’re here for you
For support (like food packages, financial support or wellness tips), updates on our services or information in your language, visit the Coronavirus Hub or call us on 03 9205 5555.