We're ready for the next chapter
Monday 06 September 2021
Tell us what you love about our libraries and what should happen next.
Our libraries are vibrant community hubs that help build engaged, productive and literate communities. We're planning our next four years and we want to hear from you!
Tell us what you love about our libraries now, and any new ideas for services and activities, how we deliver them and who we should be working with.
More than books...
We welcomed 226,000 visitors and delivered over 2,800 programs last year.
Throughout COVID we've delivered food relief packages, introduced monthly markets at Fitzroy housing estate to redirect surplus from landfill and stocked our many street libraries.Our 46,000 members also know about our online offerings like:
- our podcasts of author talks, book chats and panel discussions,
- our Vimeo channel showcasing Storytime and activities for kids, and
- Creative Bug providing craft tutorials and more
It doesn't matter your age, interests or language. Whether you're looking to make jewellery, trace your family heritage, learn a new language, code with Lego or start a business. Your local library can make it happen!
Books you say?
We have one of the largest lending collections in Australia and have a massive online library with nearly 4,000 audiobooks and over 30,000 movies and documentaries you can stream from the comfort of your home or from your mobile phone on the go.
What will happen next?
Share your ideas from September through to November and be in the prize draw for one of 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 tablets!
- Take the survey below, or
- Drop in to one of 5 libraries *subject to COVID restrictions
- We'll also be running pop up events later in the year so stay tuned for updates when restrictions ease.