Yarra Libraries 20-21 Annual Report
Thursday 14 October 2021
Yarra Libraries annual report for the 2020-2021 financial year has been released.
Highlights from this year include:
- the introduction of the WiFiCycle, a mobile internet connection on wheels that is parked in our local parks, on our housing estates and parked outside various community organisations in the City of Yarra,
- supporting emergency food and material relief operations and helping to deliver ~200,000 meals to residents,
- donating up to 30,000 pre-loved library books to save 77 tonnes of CO2(e) entering the atmosphere; the equivalent of taking 39 cars off the road for a full year!
- starting a Wellness Booth pop-up kiosk in our branches, helping to provide a range of social support services and referrals,
- packing and posting 282 Binge Bundles between July-August 2020 when our branches were closed due to COVID-19 restrictions,
- and a record-breaking figure of 121,473 people attending our learning and engagement programs!