Week Without Violence 2021
Monday 18 October 2021
We've joined the Week Without Violence (WWV) campaign with Northern Integrated Family Violence Services and Neighbourhood Justice Centre.
Week Without Violence is a global campaign held during the third week of October to end violence against women. It's a reminder to connect, listen and believe people who talk about their experience of family violence. If you or someone you know is experiencing family violence, help is available.
If you are in immediate danger call Victoria Police on 000.
For 24-hour help you can contact:
- Safe Steps provides state-wide family violence crisis support, information and accomodation: 1800 015 188
- Victorian Centres Against Sexual Assault (CASA) support for victim/survivors of both past and recent sexual assault: (03) 9635 3610 (business hours) or 1800 806 292 (after hours)
- 1800RESPECT is the national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service: 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- MensLine provides support and information for men: 1300 789 978
- Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800
Other services include:
- WithRespect is a specialist LGBTIQ family violence service: 1800 LGBTIQ (1800 542 847)
- InTouch - Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence: 1800 755 988
- Men's Referral Service: 1300 766 491
- Kildonan Uniting Care Men's Behaviour Change Program: (03) 9457 0500
For a copy of the services and information listed above, download the Family Violence Support Services Flyer.