We appreciate patron feedback and collection development suggestions for newly published materials.
Suggest a library item
We welcome suggestions for items that are not already part of Yarra Libraries' collection.
To suggest an item for our collection, visit our catalogue and click on 'Send a Request' at the top of the page.
Then log into with your library card and PIN to suggest a library item to be purchased for our collection.
Before you request an item
- Items published in the last 2 years
- Items to the value of $55 for Fiction and $75 for Non Fiction
- Item is in print and readily available from our library suppliers
- Age and currency
- Quality and Format
- Textbooks (school or university, technical or professional)
- Materials only available in inappropriate formats, e.g. mini-books, spiral binding
- Items prohibited by law, e.g. pornography
- Items due for publication or release more than 3 months in advance cannot be processed. Requests need to be submitted closer to the date of availability
If you are looking for a novel and it is not found in our catalogue please check the list of adult fiction authors in our standing order lists:
The library automatically receives copies of newly published titles written by the authors named in these lists. A hold may be placed on the title once it appears on the catalogue.
- To suggest an item for our collection, visit our catalogue and click on 'Send a Request' at the top of the page.
- If an item is not selected for acquisition, a message will be added to your library membership communicating this information
- For items acquired, a Hold (reservation) will be placed on your library membership on your behalf
- Most items are acquired within a 3 month timeframe, but some may take longer, dependent on availability