Finding solace in poetry is a historical past time. Have a look into these links for poetic relief and creative inspiration.
- blessing the boats by Lucille Clifton
- Praise the Rain by Joy Harjo on Poetry Unbound
Listen to Joy Harjo’s poem about praising grief and joy. Read by Pádraig Ó Tuama.
- The Current Isolationism by Camille Rankine
From the Poetry Foundation.
- Poetry Rx: Poems for Social Distancing
From the Paris Review, Poetry Rx assigns poems to reader submitted questions. Here are some beautiful selections specifically around social distancing.
- The Real Prayers Are Not The Words But the Attention that Comes First by Mary Oliver
A poem by Mary Oliver that invites us to be curious.