Book Groups are a great way to foster stimulating conversation, engage debate and create community connectedness.
Yarra Libraries supports community-led book groups by providing sets of books to borrow. We offer a great list of titles for your book group to choose from, ranging from current bestsellers, to conversation-starters on hot topics, Australian and international authors, and well-loved literary classics.
FAQs:How do I start my book group?
- contact us at [email protected] for more information, and to request a registration pack. This will include a registration form and a book list with titles for you to choose from
- please note that at least ONE person in your group must be a Yarra Libraries member, and all books in the set will be issued to that person’s card
Is there a cost to use the book group sets?
- no - borrowing book club sets is free for library members
How many books are in each set?
- each book set contains 10 titles, and there are currently over 100 titles to choose from
Where can I collect my books from?
- you can choose to collect your books from any of the five Yarra Libraries branches
- books can be returned to any Yarra Libraries branch
How long can I keep the books?
- book group sets are issued for 6 weeks
- Yarra Libraries does not charge for overdue items, but as other groups will be waiting for titles, it’s important that books are returned in a timely manner