Changing Places Toilet
Bargoonga Nganjin, North Fitzroy Library is home to a Changing Places toilet.
Introduced to Australia in 2012, Changing Places toilets are specifically suitable toilets for people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. This may include people with an acquired brain injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, spina bifida, motor neurone disease and their carers, as well as many other people with a disability.
The Changing Place has:
• A height adjustable adult sized changing bench
• A constant charging ceiling track hoist system
• A centrally located peninsula toilet
• Circulation spaces as defined in the design specifications
• Automatic door with a clear opening of 950mm at a minimum
• Other fixtures and fittings as detailed in the design specifications.